- Produces high quality stop-leak oil additives to the international shipping industry.
- The full line Bio Stop Leak additives all comply with the US 2013 EPA VGP requirements as environmentally acceptable when added in mixtures of 1:10 or below.
- Stops stern tube leakage,
- Stops thruster and controllable pitch propeller leakage,
- Stops leakages in hydraulic systems,
- Protects wear in reduction boxes and gear boxes,
How Our STOP LEAK Products Work
It starts as a small leak but sooner or later it becomes a major leak. Imagine a simple product that’ll stop the leak and keep your vessels sailing until next planned dry docking.
Leaks can occur in stern tubes, tunnel thrusters and CPP’s. The usual way of dealing with a leak is expensive compared to using ABCON® MARINE SL (Stop Leak additives).
Cause of Leaks
There are several causes of leak such as insufficient lubrication of seals during dry docking, air locks in thruster systems and CPP’s after assembling, oil film pressed out during stand still, fishing lines pulled into seals, sand and other impurities damaging seals when passing through shallow waters (e.g. harbors and rivers).
The Usual Method of Repair
Once a leak is discovered the options are to go into untimely dry-dock or have divers fix it. Both are very expensive and renders the vessel temporarily out of service.
The ABCON® Way
Our specifically designed teflon particles form a barrier in the gap between the rubber seal and shaft surface. This strongly reduces the leak or stops it all together thereby avoiding untimely dry-dock or other expensive repairs thus enabling the vessel to continue sailing until planned dry-dock where the problem can be fixed. We recommend that small leaks are dealt with once they are discovered. Not only is it illegal many places nowadays but it is also cheaper as less of ABCON’s product is needed. Furthermore, once the leak has reached a level where even our SLL can’t stop it, the owner will have no option but to take it out of service and on dry-dock.
The ABCON MARINE Stop Leak series of products are available in mineral oil based versions and Bio versions which comply with 2013 EPA VGP requirements.
– STERN TUBE SL STERN TUBE BSL
– THRUSTER SL THRUSTER BSL
– HYDRAULIC SL HYDRAULIC BSL
– STERN TUBE+ STERN TUBE B+
– THRUSTER+ THRUSTER B+
– HYDRAULIC+ HYDRAULIC B+
– GREASE XP2+
Supplying to more than 100 vessels every year
- ABCON AS manufactures teflon based lube oil additives for the maritime industry
- ABCON MARINE+ additives reduce friction and thereby decreased wear and tear.
- ABCON MARINE SL (Stop Leak ) additives reduce oil leakages.